After taking the time to reflect on a very interesting and enlightening week – a double anniversary day with two of the most important people in my life. This is the week in the year where I have the opportunity to learn from two of my own coaches (yes I have coaches too!).
I had the opportunity to spend the most exciting and happy day of my life and instead it turned out to be one of my most depressing days. What is still puzzling me, is it was not because of my two coaches (who were very nicely trying to cheer me up) but because I allowed someone else who had a miserable week to unload their misfortunes on me. It rubbed off my positivity and ruined my big day.
I was not happy and asked myself this question: what is the secret to becoming more satisfied in life?
So, have you ever wondered how you can become more satisfied in life? How you can enjoy life more than ever?
I believe that clarity accounts for more than 80% of success and happiness.
Out of every other factor, the lack of clarity is responsible for the greatest amount of frustration and underachievement we experience in our lives. That’s why we say that “Success is goals and all else is commentary.”
People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine. This is true everywhere and under all circumstances.
You could even say that the three keys to high achievement with regards to your goals are, “Clarity, Clarity, Clarity.” Your success in life will be largely determined by how clear you are about what it is you really, really want.
I want to share with you the 7 steps I use when setting and achieving my goals:
1. Decide exactly what you want in each area of your life. Be specific!
2. Write it down, clearly and in detail.
3. Set a specific deadline. If it is a large goal, break it down into sub-deadlines and write them down in order.
4. Make a list of everything you can think of that you are going to have to do to achieve your goal. As you think of new items, add them to your list.
5. Organise the items on your list into a plan by placing them in an ordered sequence of priority.
6. Take action immediately on the most important thing you can do on your plan. This is very important!
7. Do something every day that moves you toward the attainment of one or more of your important goals. Maintain the momentum!
Only by discovering your innate strengths, by developing them, by exploiting them to their highest degree, you can ever fully realise the greatest amount of satisfaction and enjoyment in everything you do.
With clear goals you can enjoy the present moment, have a positive attitude towards life’s problems, and become more satisfied in life.
A very good quote to conclude today’s blog is :“Sometimes people feel that they are controlled by external circumstances. But the fact is that your life is largely determined by your own personal choices and decisions in every area. You are where you are and what you are because of yourself” – B. Tracy
Never allow people to rub off your positivity and your life accomplishments and even if others are supporting us – always remember that you are the person who is taking action and moving forward – nobody can do it for you!!!
Wish you well!